Explore the beauty of the Badaling Great Wall and Find out the Emperor’s secret in the Tomb.
Tour Type: A private tour for your family or your friends exclusively
Duration: Approx.9 hours ( include lunch )
Driving Time: 3 hours
Hiking Area: 4-10 towers
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel around 8:30am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:30pm
Great Wall Hiking Time: 2 hours at Badaling Great Wall
Cable car,/Toboggan: Available
Attraction:Great Wall ,Ming Tombs, Olympic site
No Factory, No Shopping stops, No Detours ,No Hidden Charge.
We only offer friendly staff with smile and happy time with us.
Pick up at your hotel’s lobby around 8:30am.
Head to Badaling Great Wall, which takes about 1.5 hours. The start of building Great Wall is from Spring and Autumn Period (770 BC – 476 BC),connection and restoration of the wall had never ceased in the following 2000 years.Badaling Great Wall is the highlight and the most excellent section of Great Walls built in Ming Dynasty. It is also the best preserved part of Great Wall.
The wall averages 7.8 metres high, 6.5 metres wide of the base, and 5.8 metres on the top. The highest section is 15 meters high. The wall was designed to allow five horse or ten soldiers to march on the wall.
The outer side of the wall is topped with crenellated battlements, which are about 2 meters high. There are square hole on the outside wall for shooting arrows through and for keeping watch over the enemy. The flights of stairs up to the outer wall are fairely widely spaced. The inner side wall is only 1 meter high, which are also called daughter wall.
The bottom of Badaling Great Wall is laid up with big stone blocks while the upper part were built with large pieces of rectangular shaped bricks. Steps were built on the steep slope and paved with huge stone blocks. Some of the huge stone blocks are two meters in length and hundreds of kilograms in weight.
Spend 2-2.5 Hours at your own pace to hike and enjoy the Wall.
Then we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch
After lunch, heading to the Ming Tombs Through the mountain road.On the way if you are lucky (weather clear)you can enjoy the Great Wall on top of the mountain which is not open to the public.It takes about 1 hour to reach the Ming Tombs
The Ming Tombs, located in Changping District, about 50 kilometers from the northwest of Beijing, are surrounded by mountains on three sides. The imperial cemetery covers an area of 120 square kilometers and there are 13 Ming Dynasty emperors buried there (along with 23 empresses and a number of concubines, princes and princesses), thus it is also called The 13 Mausoleums. These tombs are the best preserved Chinese imperial tombs and have been nominated by UNESCO as world cultural heritage.
Spend 1 hour at the Dingling Tomb.At the Dingling Tomb, the burial place of the 13th Ming emperor, an underground palace was excavated. It is the only one of the Ming Dynasty Tombs to have been excavated. Visitors are allowed to see the underground palace and the two exhibition rooms above the ground to view the fabulous cultural relics buried with the dead. The excavation revealed an intact tomb, with thousands of items of silk, textiles, wood, and porcelain, and the skeletons of the Wanli Emperor and his two empresses.
Transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.
Badaling Great Wall
- Without cable car you still able to get on the Wall, so this section is idea for people who afraid of hight, and who want just get on the Wall for some photos to remember.
- This section is the most popular section of the Wall, so usually it is crowded with Chinese tour groups,especially during the Chinese public holiday, we will recommend to choose other sections of the Wall
- Please wear comfortable shoes for this day trip
- There are thirteen different tombs in this area.We will only visit Dingling Tomb, the only underground palace excavated.
- Sacred Path at the Ming Tombs is an option,if you want to add the sacred path, then the tour may last longer than 9 hours ,then you are required to pay 100rmb to your guide and 100rmb to your driver for each of their extra hour.In additional please pay your own entrance fee for the Sacred path.
We have 3 English speaking drivers,if they are not available,Chinese speaking driver will come with a phone for you to use,you can call our translator at any time during the tour for help
If you choose to use a driver only, please pay your own entrance fee and food, the quotation is just for driver and vehicle(gas,toll,parking inclusive)
Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned car, van or coach for your own use
Entrance fee to all the sites listed above
Unlimited Mineral water
The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
Gratuities to your guide and driver
Entrance fee to the Sacred Path,if you want to add it into the tour
Cable car at Badaling Section, since they are optional, you can get on the Wall easily without the cable car
- The tour package usually is a busy day with a lot of walking. We try to finish the tour schedule within 9 hours. But the traffic in Beijing is very bad sometimes. Our tour guide and driver will do their best to keep your day trip smooth and avoid any delay. If any delay, your patience and understanding is much appreciated. So please don’t make any important appointment in the later afternoon due to the possible delay for the day tour.
- Normally Hotel Pickup is available if you are staying at a hotel within Beijing fourth ring road. For home pickup or stay far from the downtown, please contact our trip advisor for more information.
- Our Quotation is for a tour for 8-9 hours ,more than 9 hours you are required to pay 100rmb to our guide and 100rmb for our driver for each of their extra hour
- For all the small private tours you book through us, we arrange the cars or vans like Red Flag ( Chinese National Car ), Hyundai Sonata; Van Refine 10 or Van Mercedes MB100. If you prefer super deluxe cars or vans, please feel free to consult our trip advisors for new quotations.
- All our tour guides have the official licenses for tour guide service. They all love their work and are ready to render their good service to you.
- We offer Chinese lunch in the local restaurant.If you have special request,please fill your request in the booking list.