Discover Beijing’s most impressive historical heritage with our experienced and friendly guides.
Tour Type: A private tour for your family or your friends exclusively
Duration: Approx.8-9 hours ( include lunch ) each day
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel around 8:30am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:30pm
Attraction:Temple of heaven, Tian’anmen square ,Forbidden city ,Summer Palace, Olympic site drive pass by,Great Wall at Mutianyu section, Hutong Tour and Rickshaw ride.Amazing night show,Lama temple.Ming Tombs,Pandas in the Beijing Zoo,Coal hill park, 798 art district,Drum tower and surroundings
No Factory, No Shopping stops, No Detours ,No Hidden Charge.
We only offer friendly staff with smile and happy time with us.
Pick up at your hotel’s lobby around 8:30am.
Your tour will start from the Amazing Tian’anmen square.
Tiananmen Square is located at the center of Beijing City. It is named after the Tiananmen Gate (Gate of Heavenly Peace) located to its North, which separates it from the Forbidden City. Covering an area of 440,000 square meters, Tian’anmen Square is the largest city center square in the world. You will walk around the square with our guide with a detailed information about the buildings on &around square.
Continue to the Forbidden City.Spend 1.5-2 hours at the Forbidden City.Our guide will give detailed history and stories about this massive palace.The Forbidden City was for the imperial place for 24 emperors starting from the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644).Construction of the palace complex started in 1407, the 5th year of the Yongle reign of the third emperor of the Ming Dynasty, and was completed 14 years later in 1420. It was said that a million workers including 100,000 artisans were driven into the long-term hard labor.
Then we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch.
Then explore Beijing’s hidden gem—Hutong allays.20 minutes rickshaw ride will take you to through the narrow allays.
Beijing Hutongs are the old traditional alleys and thousands of lanes weaving in between the courtyard homes surrounding the Forbidden City where most Beijing residents used to live.Although many still remain, the old Hutongs are sadly being replaced by high-rise buldings to give way to the modernization of Beijing.A trip through the Hutongs gave us a glimpse of Beijing local’s life. It is one of the most fun ways to see this is with a rickshaw ride.
Go up to the Drum tower and watch the drum beaten performance.Situated in the centre of old city, Drum & Bell Towers originally used as musical instruments in ancient China and later as a bell to regularly pronounce the time during the Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties.
Then head to The Lama Temple, to find out the beauty of the most famous Tibetan Buddhism Temple in Beijing.
Yong He Gong was built in 1694 as the residential palace of Prince Yin Zhen. In 1723, when the prince became the Emperor Yong Zheng and moved into the Forbidden City, the building was retiled in imperial yellow and converted to a temple (as was the usual custom).It became a lamasery in 1744, housing Buddhist monks from Tibet and Inner Mongolia.In 1949, the temple was closed and declared a national monument. It remained closed for 30 years, after which it was reopened mainly as a tourist attraction.
Heading back to your hotel
Beijing -Great Wall Day (L)
Pick up at your hotel’s lobby around 8:30am.
Head to Mutianyu Great Wall, which takes about 1.5 hours. The Mutianyu Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings – dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of the year. The Mutianyu Great Wall is located 73 kilometers from Beijing, joining the Juyong Pass in the west and Gubeikou in the east. This well-preserved section was built about 1,400 years ago and reconstructed later during the Ming Dynasty. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, Mutianyu section of Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs. Built mainly with granite, the wall is 7-8 meters high and the top is 4-5 meters wide. Comparing with other sections of Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall possesses unique characteristics in its construction. The Mutianyu Great Wall has the largest construction scale and best quality among all sections of Great Wall.
Spend 2-2.5 Hours at your own pace to hike and enjoy the Wall.
Then we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch
After lunch, heading to the Ming Tombs Through the mountain road.On the way if you are lucky (weather clear)you can enjoy the Great Wall on top of the mountain which is not open to the public.It takes about 1 hour to reach the Ming Tombs
The Ming Tombs, located in Changping District, about 50 kilometers from the northwest of Beijing, are surrounded by mountains on three sides. The imperial cemetery covers an area of 120 square kilometers and there are 13 Ming Dynasty emperors buried there (along with 23 empresses and a number of concubines, princes and princesses), thus it is also called The 13 Mausoleums. These tombs are the best preserved Chinese imperial tombs and have been nominated by UNESCO as world cultural heritage.
Spend 1 hour at the Dingling Tomb.At the Dingling Tomb, the burial place of the 13th Ming emperor, an underground palace was excavated. It is the only one of the Ming Dynasty Tombs to have been excavated. Visitors are allowed to see the underground palace and the two exhibition rooms above the ground to view the fabulous cultural relics buried with the dead. The excavation revealed an intact tomb, with thousands of items of silk, textiles, wood, and porcelain, and the skeletons of the Wanli Emperor and his two empresses.
Transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.
Beijing —City Explore (L)
Our Guide and driver will meet you in your hotel’s lobby at 8:30am to start the last day with us.
Your Today’s adventure will start from the Temple of heaven.The Temple of Heaven is located in southern Beijing．It was first constructed in 1420,and was extended and renovated during the reigns of Ming emperor Jiajing and Qing emperor Qianlong．It was the place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would worship the god of heaven and pray for good harvest. Covering an area of 273 hectares，it is the largest architectural complex in the world for rituals to pay homage to heaven. In 1998, the Temple of Heaven was inscribed on the World Heritage List by the UNESCO. With profound cultural connotations and imposing architectural styles，the Temple of Heaven is considered a reflection of the ancient civilization of the Orient．
Pearl market is an option if you want to do some shopping, please note that Beijing Driver Service have no connection with any shops in the market, any purchase please bargain yourself(or with our guide’s advice)
On the Way to the Summer palace, we will stop at the Beijing Zoo ,to see the Panda bears.
The rarest member of the bear family, pandas live mainly in bamboo forests high in the mountains of western China, where they subsist almost entirely on bamboo. They must eat from 26 to 84 pounds of it every day, a formidable task for which they use their enlarged wrist bones that function as opposable thumbs.A newborn panda is about the size of a stick of butter—about 1/900th the size of its mother—but can grow to up to 330 pounds as an adult. These bears are excellent tree climbers despite their bulk.
Then we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch
After lunch, heading to the Summer palace, which is located in the northwest part of the city.It will take half an hour to arrive The Summer palace.
The Summer Palace, originally named Qingyi Yuan or the Garden of Clear Ripples, was first constructed in 1750. It was razed to the ground by the Anglo-French Allied Forces in 1860. The Government of the Qing Dynasty started to rebuild it in 1886 with funds that it had misappropriated from the Imperial Navy and other sources. Renamed two years later as Yihe Yuan or the Garden of Health and Harmony, it was supposed to serve as a summer resort for the Empress Dowager Cixi. Known also as the Summer Palace, it was ravaged by the Allied Forces of the Eight Powers that invaded China in 1900. The damage was repairedin 1902. Since the founding of the People’s Republic of China, the Summer Palace has undergone several major renovations.
Transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.On the Way back will drive pass by the olympic site for photos
Our guide and driver will meet you at 9:00am for today’s relax tour
Your will will start from the Coal hill park.The Coal Hill Jinshan Park is in the north of the Forbidden Hill city.The hill is 44.6 meters high and its elevation was 88.7 feet. Here used to be the private garden of the imperial family. Coal was once heaped around the foot of the hill, it is also known as Coal Hill.When you climb up on the top of the hill, you can see the whole view of the Forbidden City. It’s really spectacular.
Then go through the small market for local people to arrive the Beihai park.Beihai Park located in central Beijing, is one of the oldest and most authentically perserved imperial gardens in China. It has a history of 1000 years.Beihai has existed throughout the Liao, Jin, Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties. Most of the buildings now standing were constructed during Emperor Qianlong’s regin in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911 A.D.).
Have a look at the Houhai lake area.
Have lunch in the local restaurant, then heading to the famous art district 798.A vast area of disused factories built by the East Germans, 798 Art District, also known as Dà Shānzi (大山子), is Běijīng’s main concentration of contemporary art galleries. The industrial complex celebrates its proletarian roots in the communist heyday of the 1950s via the retouched red Maoist slogans decorating gallery walls and statues of burly, lantern-jawed workers dotting the lanes. The giant former factory workshops are ideally suited to multimedia installations and other ambitious projects
A night Show to finish your trip with us.You can choose Chinese Acrobatic show, Kongfu show or Peking Opera.(if you choose to take the show please pay on your own,we can help you to make a reservation)
Temple of heaven
- In the morning, there are all kinds of morning activities take place in the temple, this is one of the reason we choose to visit the Temple first.Feel free to join the activities if you want to
- This tour including few historical sites, so each site we will only visit the most important buildings.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for this day trip
Forbidden City and Tian’anmen square
- Tian’anmen square is a huge open space.For the buildings nearby, we mainly see from distance,guide will explain histories and stories.
- We will spend 2 hours in the Forbidden city,mainly focus on the middle which including the most important buildings as well as their living quarters
- We will spend 40 minutes on Tian’anmen square,to explore the important buildings
- The size of the Summer palace is 4 times bigger than the Forbidden City, it is one of the the most beautiful garden in China.Most of the buildings are located in the northeast part of the palace,so our tour focus more on this part of the Palace
- We will spend 1.5 hours in the Summer palace, mainly cover the most important buildings and gardens
- We will take the dragon boat in the Summer palace, it may not running if meet bad weather and in winter
Mutianyu Great Wall
- There are 23 towers (numbered from right to left) on the Mutianyu Great Wall.From June 2014, Everyone have to take their shuttle bus from the Entrance to the foot of the Wall.
- Combine the Great Wall and another site in one day,only allow you to spend certain time at each site.To save time, we already included the cable car round trip ,or ski-lift up and toboggan down.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for this day trip
- There are thirteen different tombs in this area.We will only visit Dingling Tomb, the only underground palace excavated.
- Sacred Path at the Ming Tombs is an option,if you want to add the sacred path, then the tour may last longer than 9 hours ,then you are required to pay 100rmb to your guide and 100rmb to your driver for each of their extra hour.In additional please pay your own entrance fee for the Sacred path.
Experienced English speaking tour guide
Airport/train station transfer if you choose(please check two different quotation)
Entrance fee to all the sites listed above
Cable car round trip or Ski-lift up and toboggan down hill at the Great Wall
Shuttle but at the Great Wall
Rickshaw Ride in the Hutong Allays
Dragon Boat in the Summer Palace and Boat in the Beihai park
Unlimited Mineral water
Gratuities to your guide and driver
Airport/Train station transfer(if you choose to take the tour only)
Show tickets if you choose to take a night show
Additional tickets in the sites
- The tour package usually is a busy day with a lot of walking. We try to finish the tour schedule within 9 hours. But the traffic in Beijing is very bad sometimes. Our tour guide and driver will do their best to keep your day trip smooth and avoid any delay. If any delay, your patience and understanding is much appreciated. So please don’t make any important appointment in the later afternoon due to the possible delay for the day tour.
- Normally Hotel Pickup is available if you are staying at a hotel within Beijing fourth ring road. For home pickup or stay far from the downtown, please contact our trip advisor for more information.
- Our Quotation is for a tour for 8-9 hours ,more than 9 hours you are required to pay 100rmb to our guide and 100rmb for our driver for each of their extra hour
- For all the small private tours you book through us, we arrange the cars or vans like Red Flag ( Chinese National Car ), Hyundai Sonata; Van Refine 10 or Van Mercedes MB100. If you prefer super deluxe cars or vans, please feel free to consult our trip advisors for new quotations.
- All our tour guides have the official licenses for tour guide service. They all love their work and are ready to render their good service to you.
- We offer Chinese lunch in the local restaurant.If you have special request,please fill your request in the booking list.
- Private tour is very flexible, the itinerary can adjust and change according to your wish, feel free to discuss with our guide during the tour