Cuandixia is a beautiful small village in the mountains.It is made up of a number of courtyard houses rising up the hillside, all dating from the Ming or early Qing Dynasties, connected by small alleyways.
Tour Type: A private tour for your family or your friends exclusively
Duration: Approx.9 hours ( include lunch )
Driving Time: 5 hours
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel around 8:30am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:30pm
Village Visit:2 hours
No Factory, No Shopping stops, No Detours ,No Hidden Charge.
We only offer friendly staff with smile and happy time with us.
Pick up at your hotel’s lobby around 8:30am.
Head to Cuandixia village, it takes about 2 hours to arrive at Cuandixia village.
Cuandixia is a beautiful small village in the mountains about 90 kilometres to the west of Beijing. It is made up of a number of courtyard houses rising up the hillside, all dating from the Ming or early Qing Dynasties, connected by small alleyways.Cuandixia is mainly known today for its well preserved courtyard houses. There are some 500 of these, built during the Ming and early Qing Dynasties. Many of these were built for trading families and merchants on the westerly trade route; others were funded by the Imperial court in Beijing, which held strong influence here. Very few have seen any modern expansion and they remain as small courtyard properties, tightly surrounded by living accommodation on all sides, with a single opening to the narrow lanes running through the village. Most of these are open to walk in and explore, many are now guesthouses for visitors.
The surrounding mountain scenery too holds a strong appeal. Every place in the village seems to have dramatic views onto the mountainscape on all sides of the village, but there are also plenty of opportunities to get up closer to the mountains.
Have lunch in the village ,then heading back to the city, it take another 2 hours to heading back to city
We have 3 English speaking drivers,if they are not available,Chinese speaking driver will come with a phone for you to use,you can call our translator at any time during the tour for help
If you choose to use a driver only, please pay your own entrance fee and food, the quotation is just for driver and vehicle(gas,toll,parking inclusive)
Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned car, van or coach for your own use
Entrance fee to all the sites listed above
Unlimited Mineral water
The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
- The tour package usually is a busy day with a lot of walking. We try to finish the tour schedule within 9 hours. But the traffic in Beijing is very bad sometimes. Our tour guide and driver will do their best to keep your day trip smooth and avoid any delay. If any delay, your patience and understanding is much appreciated. So please don’t make any important appointment in the later afternoon due to the possible delay for the day tour.
- Normally Hotel Pickup is available if you are staying at a hotel within Beijing fourth ring road. For home pickup or stay far from the downtown, please contact our trip advisor for more information.
- Our Quotation is for a tour for 8-9 hours ,more than 9 hours you are required to pay 100rmb to our guide and 100rmb for our driver for each of their extra hour
- For all the small private tours you book through us, we arrange the cars or vans like Red Flag ( Chinese National Car ), Hyundai Sonata; Van Refine 10 or Van Mercedes MB100. If you prefer super deluxe cars or vans, please feel free to consult our trip advisors for new quotations.
- All our tour guides have the official licenses for tour guide service. They all love their work and are ready to render their good service to you.
- We offer Chinese lunch in the local restaurant.If you have special request,please fill your request in the booking list.