Hiking the Great Wall and Exploring the Beauty of the Chinese Garden
Tour Type: A private tour for your family or your friends exclusively
Duration: Approx.9 hours ( include lunch )
Driving Time: 3 hours
Hiking Area: 4-10 towers
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel around 8:30am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:30pm
Great Wall Hiking Time: 2-3 hours at Mutianyu Great Wall
Cable car,/Toboggan: Available
Attraction:Great Wall ,Summer Palace, Olympic site
No Factory, No Shopping stops, No Detours ,No Hidden Charge.
We only offer friendly staff with smile and happy time with us.
Pick up at your hotel’s lobby around 8:30am.
Head to Mutianyu Great Wall, which takes about 1.5 hours. The Mutianyu Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings – dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of the year. The Mutianyu Great Wall is located 73 kilometers from Beijing, joining the Juyong Pass in the west and Gubeikou in the east. This well-preserved section was built about 1,400 years ago and reconstructed later during the Ming Dynasty. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, Mutianyu section of Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs. Built mainly with granite, the wall is 7-8 meters high and the top is 4-5 meters wide. Comparing with other sections of Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall possesses unique characteristics in its construction. The Mutianyu Great Wall has the largest construction scale and best quality among all sections of Great Wall.
Spend 2-2.5 Hours at your own pace to hike and enjoy the Wall.
Then we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch
After lunch, heading to the Summer palace, which is located in the northwest part of the city.It will take 1 hours and 20 minutes to arrive The Summer palace.
The Summer Palace, originally named Qingyi Yuan or the Garden of Clear Ripples, was first constructed in 1750. It was razed to the ground by the Anglo-French Allied Forces in 1860. The Government of the Qing Dynasty started to rebuild it in 1886 with funds that it had misappropriated from the Imperial Navy and other sources. Renamed two years later as Yihe Yuan or the Garden of Health and Harmony, it was supposed to serve as a summer resort for the Empress Dowager Cixi. Known also as the Summer Palace, it was ravaged by the Allied Forces of the Eight Powers that invaded China in 1900. The damage was repairedin 1902. Since the founding of the People’s Republic of China, the Summer Palace has undergone several major renovations.
Transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.
Mutianyu Great Wall
- There are 23 towers (numbered from right to left) on the Mutianyu Great Wall.From June 2014, Everyone have to take their shuttle bus from the Entrance to the foot of the Wall.
- Combine the Great Wall and another site in one day,only allow you to spend certain time at each site.To save time, we already included the cable car round trip ,or ski-lift up and toboggan down.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for this day trip
- The size of the Summer palace is 4 times bigger than the Forbidden City, it is one of the the most beautiful garden in China.Most of the buildings are located in the northeast part of the palace,so our tour focus more on this part of the Palace
- We will spend 1.5 hours in the Summer palace, mainly cover the most important buildings and gardens
- We will take the dragon boat in the Summer palace, it may not running if meet bad weather and in winter
We have 3 English speaking drivers,if they are not available,Chinese speaking driver will come with a phone for you to use,you can call our translator at any time during the tour for help
If you choose to use a driver only, please pay your own entrance fee and food, the quotation is just for driver and vehicle(gas,toll,parking inclusive)
Price List for this tour ( US$ Per Person )
|Travelling Party||Tour Cost Per Person(English /Chinese speaking Driver only)||Tour Cost Per Person(Private car+English speaking guide)|
|1 person||$115||$ 255|
|4 persons||$35||$ 105|
|5 persons||$30||$ 100|
|6 persons||$25||$ 95|
|7 persons||$25||$ 90|
|8 persons||$20||$ 85|
|9 persons||$20||$ 80|
|10 persons and above||Please ask for a quotation||Please ask for a quotation|
Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned car, van or coach for your own use
Entrance fee to all the sites listed above
Shuttle bus at Mutianyu Section
Cable car round trip to ski-lift up and toboggan down
Unlimited Mineral water
The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
- The tour package usually is a busy day with a lot of walking. We try to finish the tour schedule within 9 hours. But the traffic in Beijing is very bad sometimes. Our tour guide and driver will do their best to keep your day trip smooth and avoid any delay. If any delay, your patience and understanding is much appreciated. So please don’t make any important appointment in the later afternoon due to the possible delay for the day tour.
- Normally Hotel Pickup is available if you are staying at a hotel within Beijing fourth ring road. For home pickup or stay far from the downtown, please contact our trip advisor for more information.
- Our Quotation is for a tour for 8-9 hours ,more than 9 hours you are required to pay 100rmb to our guide and 100rmb for our driver for each of their extra hour
- For all the small private tours you book through us, we arrange the cars or vans like Red Flag ( Chinese National Car ), Hyundai Sonata; Van Refine 10 or Van Mercedes MB100. If you prefer super deluxe cars or vans, please feel free to consult our trip advisors for new quotations.
- All our tour guides have the official licenses for tour guide service. They all love their work and are ready to render their good service to you.
- We offer Chinese lunch in the local restaurant.If you have special request,please fill your request in the booking list.