Explore the beauty of the Mutianyu Great Wall and Find out the Emperor’s secret in the Tomb.
Tour Type: A private tour for your family or your friends exclusively
Duration: Approx.9 hours ( include lunch )
Driving Time: 3 hours
Hiking Area: 4-10 towers
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel around 8:30am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:30pm
Great Wall Hiking Time: 2-3 hours at Mutianyu Great Wall
Cable car,/Toboggan: Available
Attraction:Great Wall ,Ming Tombs, Olympic site
No Factory, No Shopping stops, No Detours ,No Hidden Charge.
We only offer friendly staff with smile and happy time with us.
Pick up at your hotel’s lobby around 8:30am.
Head to Mutianyu Great Wall, which takes about 1.5 hours. The Mutianyu Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings – dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of the year. The Mutianyu Great Wall is located 73 kilometers from Beijing, joining the Juyong Pass in the west and Gubeikou in the east. This well-preserved section was built about 1,400 years ago and reconstructed later during the Ming Dynasty. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, Mutianyu section of Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs. Built mainly with granite, the wall is 7-8 meters high and the top is 4-5 meters wide. Comparing with other sections of Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall possesses unique characteristics in its construction. The Mutianyu Great Wall has the largest construction scale and best quality among all sections of Great Wall.
Spend 2-2.5 Hours at your own pace to hike and enjoy the Wall.
Then we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch
After lunch, heading to the Ming Tombs Through the mountain road.On the way if you are lucky (weather clear)you can enjoy the Great Wall on top of the mountain which is not open to the public.It takes about 1 hour to reach the Ming Tombs
The Ming Tombs, located in Changping District, about 50 kilometers from the northwest of Beijing, are surrounded by mountains on three sides. The imperial cemetery covers an area of 120 square kilometers and there are 13 Ming Dynasty emperors buried there (along with 23 empresses and a number of concubines, princes and princesses), thus it is also called The 13 Mausoleums. These tombs are the best preserved Chinese imperial tombs and have been nominated by UNESCO as world cultural heritage.
Spend 1 hour at the Dingling Tomb.At the Dingling Tomb, the burial place of the 13th Ming emperor, an underground palace was excavated. It is the only one of the Ming Dynasty Tombs to have been excavated. Visitors are allowed to see the underground palace and the two exhibition rooms above the ground to view the fabulous cultural relics buried with the dead. The excavation revealed an intact tomb, with thousands of items of silk, textiles, wood, and porcelain, and the skeletons of the Wanli Emperor and his two empresses.
Transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.
Mutianyu Great Wall
- There are 23 towers (numbered from right to left) on the Mutianyu Great Wall.From June 2014, Everyone have to take their shuttle bus from the Entrance to the foot of the Wall.
- Combine the Great Wall and another site in one day,only allow you to spend certain time at each site.To save time, we already included the cable car round trip ,or ski-lift up and toboggan down.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for this day trip
- There are thirteen different tombs in this area.We will only visit Dingling Tomb, the only underground palace excavated.
- Sacred Path at the Ming Tombs is an option,if you want to add the sacred path, then the tour may last longer than 9 hours ,then you are required to pay 100rmb to your guide and 100rmb to your driver for each of their extra hour.In additional please pay your own entrance fee for the Sacred path.
We have 3 English speaking drivers,if they are not available,Chinese speaking driver will come with a phone for you to use,you can call our translator at any time during the tour for help
If you choose to use a driver only, please pay your own entrance fee and food, the quotation is just for driver and vehicle(gas,toll,parking inclusive)
Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned car, van or coach for your own use
Entrance fee to all the sites listed above
Shuttle bus at Mutianyu Section
Cable car round trip to ski-lift up and toboggan down
Unlimited Mineral water
The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
- The tour package usually is a busy day with a lot of walking. We try to finish the tour schedule within 9 hours. But the traffic in Beijing is very bad sometimes. Our tour guide and driver will do their best to keep your day trip smooth and avoid any delay. If any delay, your patience and understanding is much appreciated. So please don’t make any important appointment in the later afternoon due to the possible delay for the day tour.
- Normally Hotel Pickup is available if you are staying at a hotel within Beijing fourth ring road. For home pickup or stay far from the downtown, please contact our trip advisor for more information.
- Our Quotation is for a tour for 8-9 hours ,more than 9 hours you are required to pay 100rmb to our guide and 100rmb for our driver for each of their extra hour
- For all the small private tours you book through us, we arrange the cars or vans like Red Flag ( Chinese National Car ), Hyundai Sonata; Van Refine 10 or Van Mercedes MB100. If you prefer super deluxe cars or vans, please feel free to consult our trip advisors for new quotations.
- All our tour guides have the official licenses for tour guide service. They all love their work and are ready to render their good service to you.
- We offer Chinese lunch in the local restaurant.If you have special request,please fill your request in the booking list.