Combine three famous sites in one day, to make good us of your Beijing !
Tour Type: A private tour for your family or your friends exclusively
Duration: Approx.9 hours ( include lunch )
Temple of heaven :1.5 hours
Tian’anmen square &Forbidden City: 2.5 Hours
Summer Palace:1.5 hours
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel around 8:30am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:30pm
Attraction:Temple of heaven, Tian’anmen square ,Forbidden city ,Summer Palace, Olympic site drive pass by
No Factory, No Shopping stops, No Detours ,No Hidden Charge.
We only offer friendly staff with smile and happy time with us.
Pick up at your hotel’s lobby around 8:00am.
Head to The Temple of heaven.The Temple of Heaven is located in southern Beijing．It was first constructed in 1420,and was extended and renovated during the reigns of Ming emperor Jiajing and Qing emperor Qianlong．It was the place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would worship the god of heaven and pray for good harvest. Covering an area of 273 hectares，it is the largest architectural complex in the world for rituals to pay homage to heaven. In 1998, the Temple of Heaven was inscribed on the World Heritage List by the UNESCO. With profound cultural connotations and imposing architectural styles，the Temple of Heaven is considered a reflection of the ancient civilization of the Orient．
Then Heading to the Tian’anmen square.
Tiananmen Square is located at the center of Beijing City. It is named after the Tiananmen Gate (Gate of Heavenly Peace) located to its North, which separates it from the Forbidden City. Covering an area of 440,000 square meters, Tian’anmen Square is the largest city center square in the world. You will walk around the square with our guide with a detailed information about the buildings on &around square.
Heading to the Forbidden City.Spend 1.5-2 hours at the Forbidden City.Our guide will give detailed history and stories about this massive palace.The Forbidden City was for the imperial place for 24 emperors starting from the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644).Construction of the palace complex started in 1407, the 5th year of the Yongle reign of the third emperor of the Ming Dynasty, and was completed 14 years later in 1420. It was said that a million workers including 100,000 artisans were driven into the long-term hard labor.
Then we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch
After lunch, heading to the Summer palace, which is located in the northwest part of the city.It will take half an hour to arrive The Summer palace.
The Summer Palace, originally named Qingyi Yuan or the Garden of Clear Ripples, was first constructed in 1750. It was razed to the ground by the Anglo-French Allied Forces in 1860. The Government of the Qing Dynasty started to rebuild it in 1886 with funds that it had misappropriated from the Imperial Navy and other sources. Renamed two years later as Yihe Yuan or the Garden of Health and Harmony, it was supposed to serve as a summer resort for the Empress Dowager Cixi. Known also as the Summer Palace, it was ravaged by the Allied Forces of the Eight Powers that invaded China in 1900. The damage was repairedin 1902. Since the founding of the People’s Republic of China, the Summer Palace has undergone several major renovations.
Transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.On the Way back will drive pass by the olympic site for photos
Temple of heaven
- In the morning, there are all kinds of morning activities take place in the temple, this is one of the reason we choose to visit the Temple first.Feel free to join the activities if you want to
- This tour including few historical sites, so each site we will only visit the most important buildings.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for this day trip
Forbidden City and Tian’anmen square
- Tian’anmen square is a huge open space.For the buildings nearby, we mainly see from distance,guide will explain histories and stories.
- We will spend 2 hours in the Forbidden city,mainly focus on the middle which including the most important buildings.
- We will spend 20 minutes on Tian’anmen square,to explore the important buildings
- The size of the Summer palace is 4 times bigger than the Forbidden City, it is one of the the most beautiful garden in China.Most of the buildings are located in the northeast part of the palace,so our tour focus more on this part of the Palace
- We will spend 1.5 hours in the Summer palace, mainly cover the most important buildings and gardens
- We will take the dragon boat in the Summer palace, it may not running if meet bad weather and in winter
We have 3 English speaking drivers,if they are not available,Chinese speaking driver will come with a phone for you to use,you can call our translator at any time during the tour for help
If you choose to use a driver only, please pay your own entrance fee and food, the quotation is just for driver and vehicle(gas,toll,parking inclusive)
Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned car, van or coach for your own use
Entrance fee to all the sites listed above
Dragon Boat in the Summer Palace
Unlimited Mineral water
The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
- The tour package usually is a busy day with a lot of walking. We try to finish the tour schedule within 9 hours. But the traffic in Beijing is very bad sometimes. Our tour guide and driver will do their best to keep your day trip smooth and avoid any delay. If any delay, your patience and understanding is much appreciated. So please don’t make any important appointment in the later afternoon due to the possible delay for the day tour.
- Normally Hotel Pickup is available if you are staying at a hotel within Beijing fourth ring road. For home pickup or stay far from the downtown, please contact our trip advisor for more information.
- Our Quotation is for a tour for 8-9 hours ,more than 9 hours you are required to pay 100rmb to our guide and 100rmb for our driver for each of their extra hour
- For all the small private tours you book through us, we arrange the cars or vans like Red Flag ( Chinese National Car ), Hyundai Sonata; Van Refine 10 or Van Mercedes MB100. If you prefer super deluxe cars or vans, please feel free to consult our trip advisors for new quotations.
- All our tour guides have the official licenses for tour guide service. They all love their work and are ready to render their good service to you.
- We offer Chinese lunch in the local restaurant.If you have special request,please fill your request in the booking list.